Supply Chain Manager – ERP
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Our client is part of a diversified group of global manufacturing companies focused on specialized automotive products and services.
Located in Kearney, they offer a great career opportunity for career mined professionals!
Manage, coordinate and perform the Supply Chain activities and tasks related to the implementation of Oracle E-Business Suite software including business process design, requirements definition, gap analysis and resolution, functional design, configuration, testing, training, validation and go-live support. Act as the liaison between the ERP project team and the Supply Chain user community.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with ERP Project Manager, other Business Process Managers (BPM) and external consulting resources in the development and management of ERP project implementation work plans, providing updates and status reports to Steering Committee and functional areas, coordinating the involvement of other necessary functional resources and providing input on changes to scope, budget, and timeline.
• Analyze business processes to identify functional gaps and issues that can be addressed utilizing the improvement opportunities a new ERP system can provide. Work in conjunction with other BPM to understand potential impact to other system modules and related processes. Validate proposed solutions with functional area users.
• Manage the risks and issues database by continually identifying, assessing and updating risks & issues, escalating risks and issues to the next level as appropriate and leading development of proposed solutions.
• Develop and validate functional design specification documents. Work with technical application team to ensure they understand the documentation, address questions or issues that arise during system development and configuration and update documents as required. Obtain proper approval for any proposed system changes to address functionality gaps, i.e. “mods”. Assist with system configuration for assigned modules.
• Develop detailed functional test plans (unit, integration and user acceptance or similar). Coordinate with other BPM to ensure inclusion of other areas in the testing plans as appropriate.
• Coordinate the execution and validation of functional testing including documentation of results. Serve as the single point of contact with the technical application team with regards to issues identified throughout the functional testing process.
• Provide functional sign-off for “mods” that are ready to be promoted to the production environment. This includes verifying that all necessary testing has been completed successfully and the related documentation is updated, accurate and saved in the proper location. Once “mods” have been promoted, verify that they are working as expected.
• Develop an understanding of report writing capabilities within the ERP system. Coordinate with functional area to identify the reporting requirements. Manage effort to design, test and validate reporting requirements.
• Work with other BPM to design, standardize and validate the master data structure for assigned system modules. Provide final approval for master data integrity prior to implementation.
• Identify functional end user training requirements. Lead development of training and other end user support materials (i.e. cheat sheets, FAQs, etc). Deliver training to end users.
• Work with Project Team to develop cutover work plan. Identify and integrate functional resources necessary to execute the cutover plan. Communicate the plan to functional areas. Lead execution of the cutover plan for functional area.
• Provide post go-live production support to the end user community. This includes troubleshooting help desk issues that require business process input and review, testing and validation of any application changes that are made, transfer of new system knowledge, etc.
• Responsible for the quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company policies and procedures.
Knowledgeable in the operation of personal computers and ERP software.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
Minimum of 5 – 7 years of Supply Chain experience (Forecasting, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Purchasing and Logistics), manufacturing environment.
APICS CPIM, APICS CPSM or Purchasing ISM certification.
Prior experience with Oracle E-Business Suite implementation, project management and business process improvement (Lean, Six Sigma) is a plus.