Quality System Engineer
Job Type :
The Quality System Engineer is a versatile role, responsible for managing Quality projects and participating in Engineering projects, as well as maintaining all Quality related SAP master data. He/she will interact professionally with customers, and serve as an interface between multiple facilities. Additionally, ensures compliance with quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and safety regulations, policies and procedures.
• Manage Quality projects and drive to completion, with coordination and engagement of all the involved functions.
• Responsible for local facility SAP QM master data including Material Master configuration, inspection plans, Electronic Signature within SAP and SAP certification of finished goods.
• Participate in Engineering projects, provides Quality input, define control plans and ensure timely completion of all Quality related tasks for local process change projects and supports product transfer projects.
• Responsible for the business process and system design for the Quality process. Partners with WW Quality Process Integrator as it relates to global business process and system solution enhancements.
• Quality Engineering Support for new product/process development projects (interfaces with WW functions as local main contact for project Quality), including definition of local specifications in compliance with WW specifications, MSA for new inspection methods and statistical analysis for process capability.
• Responsible for linking system functionality and business processes to ensure operational effectiveness and value added process flows.
• Reports on key plant Quality metrics based upon established quality objectives, must be able to draw data in from various sources to present a concise view of the trending of the plant in these key areas. Works closely with the area manager to define the metrics and gain consensus.
• Facilitates the roll out of related SAP enhancements.
• Continually assesses current and required work flows and business processes to identify and implement improvements.
• Complete investigation, validation and other reports with appropriate technical writing.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality Assurance, Mathematics/Statistics or Science Related field required
Master’s degree preferred
5-7 years manufacturing experience
SAP experience preferred