Automation System Supervisor
Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for an Automation System Supervisor to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a highly skilled, detail-oriented Automation System Supervisor with a premiere employer in East Central Nebraska. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, has a background in the manufacturing environment and has direct experience in automation, PLCs and other manufacturing systems.
As an Automation System Supervisor, you will:
• Be responsible daily operation as well as strategic development of the automation group. This will include scheduling, planning and balancing workloads in the automation group.
• Lead the group in developing standard HMI and PLC code/software and hardware.
• Be responsible for exploring and investigating the capabilities of new and current platforms and programing methods to ensure the highest overall quality of the automation solutions provided to our customers.
• Participate in project meetings for preliminary manufacturing input regarding basic control systems design principles and specific system operating concerns
• Develop user manuals and other documentation pertaining to the control system functionality.
• Travel to jobsites when dictated by the circumstances to perform commissioning and I/O check.
Who we are looking for:
• You have expertise in Allen Bradley PLC and visualization software, experience with additional platforms (Siemens, Wonderware, Siemens, GE Fanuc, etc.) is preferred
• You have a willingness to familiarize yourself with the industry to effectively develop new solutions for customers’ challenges.
• You have Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in AND at least 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Key attributes that are required to be successful in this position:
• Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time with tight deadlines
• Self-starter; proactive with the ability to creatively solve problems
• Ability to work with little or no supervision
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
About our client:
Through more than 40 years of service, our client has successfully designed and developed innovative custom solutions for a variety of industries and unique applications.
Why work for our client?
Our client attributes their success to their dedication to quality across the board. They are firm believers in promoting from within, opening up advancement opportunities whenever possible. They strive to maintain a team comprised of diverse professionals with exceptional talent and drive, who are committed to providing our customers with the best services and products. Additionally, they offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.