Business Valuation Analyst
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Certified Public Accounting Firm with more than 30 years serving Nebraska communities is seeking a Business Valuation (BV) Analyst. You will use your strong analytical skills to develop quality solutions to meet client requirements.
The Business Valuation Analyst offers a broad range of services in business valuation to assist our client with challenging litigation, financial, and economic issues. The Business Valuation Analyst is responsible for all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries and litigation. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing projects and services in business valuation and developing and managing staff.
The Business Valuation Analyst will work closely with partners and staff on client management and practice development in the following areas:
• Business Valuation
• Estate, Gift & Trust Planning
• Buy/Sell Agreements
• Mergers & Acquisitions
• Divorce Settlements
• Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
• Company Report Card (Financial Performance)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Gathering financial data and subject company information through direct interactions with client personnel and firm’s audit and tax personnel.
• Performing in depth client, industry, market and competitor research
Building financial models discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction and option pricing analyses
• Performing financial analysis
• Applying valuation methodologies
• Writing business valuation support reports, including economic, industry, and company analysis, and application of business valuation approaches and methods.
• Performing valuation reviews for Audit Assist purposes
• Developing business proposals and presentations communicated to current and prospective clients
• Manage and apply business valuation approaches and methods to a variety of tangible and non-tangible assets, including equity valuations, option analyses, and purchase allocations.
• Manage the assembly, maintenance, and finalization of working papers that support valuations.
• Manage and perform data- and document-intensive financial analysis and modeling/projections, strategic analysis, economic and statistical analysis, due diligence, valuation analysis, damage calculations and analysis, and forensic valuation procedures.
• Manage and perform research related to cases as well as document identification, acquisition, and management, and the preparation of demonstratives; write opinion letters and reports.
• Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
• Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
• Work closely with partners, managers, and staff to integrate practice development skills into a team approach to client service and new business development.
• Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls.
• Maintain strong client relations and offer accounting-related services within the assigned group of clients.
• Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
• Manage, direct, and monitor client services teams on multiple engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete projects and services in a wide variety of industries; and manage to budget.
• Understand and manage firm risk on projects and proposals.
• Develop a project vision and set challenging personal and client service team goals.
• Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Advanced degree preferred.
• At least 5 years of progressive experience in public accounting with a specialty in business valuation.
• Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Certification/license as CVA, ABV, AVA, and/or ASA is required.
• Ability to travel locally and nationally
• Ability to articulate, write and present information in a clear and understandable manner
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint a must)
• Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented setting
• Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
• Natural aptitude for solving problems
• Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
• Driven to exceed client expectations
• Ability to balance multiple priorities
• Desire to learn and grow
• Strong organizational skills
Please submit resume for immediate consideration. Thank you.