Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
The controller will supervise department personnel in accomplishing accounting related responsibilities such as:
• Designs and implements policies and procedures which improve accounting internal controls.
• Develops and maintains general ledger design structure and database integrity.
• Assembles capital plans, operating budgets, and cash projections.
• Supervises department personnel in the completion of responsibilities related to credit and collections, billings and payables, cost accounting, general accounting, payroll, and tax and regulatory compliance.
• Provides monthly financial statements and analyses, as well as interim and project investigations, analyses, and reporting.
• Assists in cash management functions.
• Schedules, coordinates, and manages outside auditing activities.
Experience and Education:
4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline
10+ years of progressive / advancing Accounting experience
• Applies in-depth knowledge of Accounting Standards; designs or enhances reports in compliance with applicable current accounting standards and principles; uses outside expertise as needed for reference in support of complex transactions.
• Thoroughly understands costing principles and concepts; designs changes to determine ways to refine cost allocations; fully understands the transactional impacts of cost accounting processes for project and financial statements.