Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
This is a NEW opportunity with an award winning leader in the energy efficiencies and renewable energy solutions industry! Due to demand, my client is hiring a Nebraska based Energy Engineer to support project development and growth!
Solutions range from facility upgrades to the development, construction and operation of new facilities. Customer service is a priority, so they work with customers on both sides to measure expense reductions, energy costs, comfort levels, increased reliability and much more!
Design and evaluate projects for Educational, Industrial, Institutional and Government facilities; calculate and validate energy and operational savings for performance contract proposals, conduct full scale energy audits and develop performance contracting proposals.
• Lead visits to customer project sites to investigate existing mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing systems and document energy performance, including utility data and facility information.
• Identify opportunities for conservation or efficiency, prepare energy savings calculations, and perform engineering assessment including baseline profiles, end-use and retrofit analysis.
• Lead engineering development activities in support of construction, operations, and maintenance of customer site projects as required by energy savings performance contracts.
• Analyze and prepare conceptual and detailed bid documents, cost estimates, drawings, and specifications for energy efficient building technology and system measures.
• Coordinate with vendors and installation contractors for feasibility and pricing verification of proposed project modifications.
• Provide engineering guidance throughout development, construction, project commissioning, and operations, including proposals, technical reports, cost estimates, and presentations.
• Compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, codes.
• Ensure successful project implementation that meets or exceeds company objectives, financial parameters, and technical needs required to deliver customer energy cost savings.
Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
Professional registration or educational progress toward PE, CEM, LEED
Demonstrated ability to analyze and quantify energy savings and implement complex projects involving chiller and boiler plants, motors, VSDs, HVAC retrofit and distributed generation projects
Knowledge of measurement and verification (M&V) and project cost estimating
Familiarity with building simulation and related software
Financial planning / budget experience with ability to develop a business case helpful
Excellent verbal, written, and computer communication and technical presentation skills
Valid Drivers License in good standing, issued by resident state required
U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required
NOTE: This position will require a home office and ability to travel to projects within the state of Nebraska.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply to this posting with your resume attached. All qualified candidates will be called to schedule an interview.