Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a highly skilled, detail-oriented Engineering Manager with a premiere employer in East Central Nebraska. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, has a background in the manufacturing environment and has experience in both automation, and process improvement.
As the Engineering Manager, you will:
• Lead, develop and motivate a team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers and Designers; this will include managing, planning, directing and coordinating manufacturing and product development engineering activities.
• Be instrumental in leading continuous improvement efforts, process efficiency improvements, validating processes and lean manufacturing initiatives.
• Act as a liaison between Manufacturing Engineering, Product Development, Sales, Operations, and Customer Service to meet or exceed customer and business expectations.
• Manage and prioritize multiple complex manufacturing engineering projects, ensuring projects meet or exceed requirements, are on-time and within budget.
• Manage engineering staff members on project components to maintain timelines, project initiatives, and cost structures. Delegates project workloads and allocates resources to accomplish desired results.
• Develop and maintain departmental metrics to monitor performance and drive continuous improvement.
Who we are looking for:
• You have excellent communication skills to work cross-functionally with all departments as well as customers, while maintaining common focus and developing solutions to meet design and delivery needs.
• You have a willingness to familiarize yourself with the industry to effectively develop new solutions for customers’ challenges.
• You have Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering Industrial or Chemical Engineering AND at least 3 years progressive experience in a management role.
Key attributes that are required to be successful in this position:
• Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time with tight deadlines
• Self-starter; proactive with the ability to creatively solve problems
• Ability to work with little or no supervision
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
About our client:
Through more than 40 years of service, our client has successfully designed and developed innovative custom solutions for a variety of industries and unique applications.
Why work for our client?
Our client attributes their success to their dedication to quality across the board. They are firm believers in promoting from within, opening advancement opportunities whenever possible. They strive to maintain a team comprised of diverse professionals with exceptional talent and drive, who are committed to providing our customers with the best services and products. Additionally, they offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.