Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for an Engineering Technician to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on, detail-oriented Engineering Technician within a premier employer in Southeastern Nebraska. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, has experience in the manufacturing environment and has a background with a cross-functional engineering team.
As an Engineering Technician, you will:
• Develop technical competency in each of the various Engineering functional areas; Product development, applications engineering, manufacturing engineering and research and testing.
• Provide customer assistance for product selection of unique, special, or technical applications; review customer specifications, and determine facility’s ability to meet the requirements.
• Prepare formal proposals covering the correct application of assigned products for inquiries requiring standard, modified, or special products to meet customer specifications and/or requirements.
• Participate in market research, promotion, advertising activities, trade shows, employee training, engineering literature and product modification or development.
• Provide technical training and support to sales associates for UN-DOT, UL, DNV, EN regulations. This would include “before the sale support”, in-plant inspection support, failure analysis, calculations, and writing reports.
• Use your business acumen (Lean manufacturing methods) to develop and implement newer, more efficient processes and procedures that will improve SQDC and other key business metrics, both tactical and strategic.
Who we are looking for:
• You have an understanding of the entire production cycle within a manufacturing facility.
• You have excellent people skills and can communicate (written and oral) within a team.
• You have strong computer skills. Candidates must have working knowledge of CAD and ERP systems.
• You have BS in an Engineering discipline OR an AA in an Engineering discipline and at least 5 years of experience in a related position.
About our client:
Our client was founded in 1973 as a manufacturer of livestock equipment. In 2001, the company was purchased by a small group of local investors with deep roots in the agricultural industry. Since then, they have expanded their steel manufacturing to include UN- and UL-approved containers (IBC’s) that are used in oil and chemical industries nationally and internationally.
Why work for our client?
Our client is committed to long-term relationships with both their customer and their employees. They are firm believers in promoting from within, opening up advancement opportunities whenever possible. Located in a small community, they offer the perfect balance of rural living and close proximity to Lincoln/Omaha metro areas. They also offer competitive employment package including vacation, paid holidays, health insurance and periodic wage reviews.