Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
The YWCA of Grand Island is seeking an experienced and passionate Executive Director (ED) with a demonstrated commitment to the organization’s history, mission and vision.
This leader sets the tone for the organization, creating and sustaining an environment uniting the mission, staff, Board, donors, and the community. The ED provides day-to-day executive, administrative, and operational leadership for the YWCA. He/she will be responsible for strategic planning, buildings, programming, human resources, budgets and fundraising, public relations, volunteers, and representing the YWCA in the community, regionally, and nationally.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with some emphasis in business or public administration, organizational management, marketing, communications or other related field.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant leadership experience is preferred with non-profit organizations, Board of Trustees, and/or fundraising/asset development
Ideal candidates will also:
• Be an effective motivator and leader with strong administrative, communications, financial, and organizational skills and experiences with a record of accomplishment.
• Bring fundraising and/or development experience and skills that have resulted in attracting and maintaining a broad donor base.
• Have proven ability to build trust and relationships with others with demonstrated consensus building and team building skills.
• Possess excellent communication skills, so as to be diplomatic, persuasive, and credible with individuals, groups and community members.
• Offer self-disciplined, self-starting style, accustomed to working without direct supervision but capable of supervising and motivating others.
• Promote effective supervision and motivation to staff and volunteers.
• Be proficient with a computer and various software applications to include but not limited to Word, Excel, QuickBooks and database management programs.
The YWCA of Grand Island offers the chance to make a difference within an entrepreneurial culture. Your ideas matter! You will be empowered to grow the organization in new and exciting directions. We also offer a competitive salary, a healthcare package, PTO, Retirement, Paid Training, and more…
To apply please mail your resume and cover letter to: YWCA of Grand Island, Attn: Executive Director Search, PO Box 133, Grand Island, NE 68802-0133. Applications will only be accepted by mail, and must be postmarked by March 13, 2015.
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.