Job Type :
Now Hiring: Engineering Manager
Supervises direct reports and coordinates the operation of Liquid Engineering using sound knowledge of engineering theory, design and testing criteria. Participates in the design and development of new products and recommends action necessary to improve cost effectiveness and/or correct deficiencies of existing products. At the Sales Departments request, gives technical assistance and design recommendations to OEM and Private Label accounts. Provides assistance and training to new personnel.
1. Responsible for the Liquid Filter product lines. This is to include maintenance and upgrade of the existing Liquid Filters, introduction/addition of new Liquid Filters and standardization and cost reduction of Liquid Filters.
2. Directs the development and documentation of drafting and design standards for Liquid Engineering.
3. Supervises direct reports and coordinates the activities of the Liquid Engineering projects.
4. Initiates evaluations of design changes to correct product performance deficiencies as well as evaluations of materials for improved cost effectiveness.
5. Supervises investigative procedures having to do with customer complaints; advises service engineering on technical matters relative to customer complaints; advises quality assurance or specification engineer of quality or design deficiencies revealed during complaint analysis.
6. Assists sales and marketing with technical support for sales presentations, catalogs, and customer complaints/inquiries.
7. Continuously researches new materials, processes, and procedures to enhance and improve the product line.
8. Keeps abreast of developments in filtration materials, designs and test procedures through contact with professional societies, educational institutions and review of technical papers, textbooks, periodicals, etc.
9. Assures that training sessions are conducted to keep departmental personnel informed of procedures, methods, use of equipment and testing techniques.
10. Prepares and submits operating budget and controls department to operate within approved budget.
11. Responsible for maximum efficiency and productivity of direct reports. This is accomplished through proper selection, training, and development of subordinate personnel.
12. Responsible for the proper application of established department employee relations, policies, wage and salary adjustments, administration policies, and safety and health regulations.
13. Responsible for quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering
Minimum ten years engineering experience