Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on, detail-oriented Manufacturing Engineer within a premier employer in Eastern Nebraska. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, has experience in the manufacturing environment and has a background with facility overhauls.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will:
• Plan and design manufacturing processes; maximize efficiencies through analysis of equipment and work flow layouts, assembly methods, workforce, and the effective programming of machines.
• Use linearity calculations to identify bottlenecks in the manufacturing processes and provide solutions to production management
• Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, and communication with equipment vendors and assembly operators.
• Support the day to day manufacturing of current products through process troubleshooting, failure analysis, and corrective actions. Plan and lead the execution of various cost reduction and LEAN activities.
• Identify, recommend and purchase capital equipment, tooling and tools needed to achieve production goals.
Who we are looking for:
• You have an understanding of the entire production cycle within a manufacturing facility.
• You have excellent people skills and can communicate (written and oral) within a team.
• You have strong computer skills. Candidates must have working knowledge of systems, robotic and programming software.
• You have BS in an Engineering discipline AND previous experience in a manufacturing setting. Preference will be given to candidates with a tooling background.
About our client:
From humble beginnings over 120 years ago, our client has grown into a global leader in the manufacture of transportation and agricultural equipment. This 200,000-square foot facility supports a sales team in 10 branch locations. They are proud of this long-standing history of service to the transportation industry, and they are committed to continuing to be a leader in the industry through innovation, support and relationships.
Why work for our client?
Our client is committed to long-term relationships with both their customer and their employees. They are firm believers in promoting from within, opening up advancement opportunities whenever possible. Located in a small community, they offer the perfect balance of rural living and close proximity to Lincoln/Omaha metro areas. They also offer competitive employment package including vacation, paid holidays, health insurance and periodic wage reviews.