Job Type : Full Time, Permanent (Days)
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a detail oriented, leadership driven Manufacturing Engineer with an expanding company in the Midlands, South Carolina region! The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in Manufacturing, a background in high volume, high speed facilities, and experience with Six Sigma methodologies.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will:
• Be responsible for the design and implementation of machine improvements and capital equipment project management activities. Candidates must be proficient in mechanical design and troubleshooting.
• Support the plant manufacturing effort, with proven ability to identify problems and pursue plans toward their resolution. Specific focus will be in areas of improving upon chronic levels of quality, waste and equipment efficiencies.
• Be responsible for coordinating activities between equipment vendors, Division R & D and plant functional departments on his/her assignments.
• Establish which elements comprising a job are suitable for in-house fabrication or revision and which items would be best contracted. Secure quotations and select contractors; direct the contractor’s efforts or the efforts of in-house forces to a satisfactory scheduled completion of the necessary work. Supervise and inspect all work in-process by contractors or plant forces; provide guidance where necessary.
• As required within the scope of his/her duty, be responsible for all associated documentation, including; however not limited to, the following; validations, Operations Procedures, Preventive Maintenance schedules, Engineering Change Notifications, spare parts listings, etc.
Who we are looking for:
• You have the ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• You have an understanding of Lean Manufacturing initiatives with an emphasis in continuous improvement. Six Sigma certification (greenbelt or blackbelt) preferred.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline AND 3 years of experience within a manufacturing facility. Preference will be given to candidates with scheduling experience within a high-speed, high-cavitation facility.
Key attributes that are required to be successful in this position:
• Self-driven with minimal supervision.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
About our client:
A state of the art leader in the medical industry, our client has a world-wide footprint and over 50,000 employees across the globe.
Why work for our client?
Our client attributes their success to their dedication to customer service. Their strong belief in growth of both clients and employees, paired with attractive compensation and benefits has created an outstanding team environment.