Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Our client is part of a diversified group of global manufacturing companies focused on specialized automotive products and services.
Located in Kearney, they offer a great career opportunity for career minded Manufacturing Engineer!
This position is responsible for the application of approved manufacturing engineering policies and practices. This includes assisting departments in improving operating performance and reducing waste, developing production standards and methods, equipment and/or plant layout, material handling, analyzing proper utilization of materials, equipment and manpower, and developing and promoting cost reduction.
• Assists departments in manufacturing engineering projects and assignments.
• Develops manufacturing methods and/or specifications materials, machines, tools, equipment, processes and procedures, packaging, etc.
• Establishes time standards for each operation on a manufacturing specification and recommends and develops standard operating procedures.
• Assist in the development of new or improved products, in the design and development of machinery and equipment, etc.
• Prepares cost estimates for tooling and retooling.
• Analyze and/or audit time standards, operating efficiencies, and cost variances.
• Investigates machines and equipment for versatility and/or production features and pricing, and prepares reports accordingly.
• Documents and maintains files related to special projects.
• Assists in training of new departmental personnel.
• Directs and helps with the set up of new product lines.
• Stays abreast of new developments in the field.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology.
3 years of experience in manufacturing engineering.