MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
• Provide technical assistance to all manufacturing departments regarding the quality and/or performance of machinery, tooling, fixture, gauges, etc.
• Serve as liaison between production and engineering departments by developing engineering change notices and process specifications pertaining to manufacturing processes and material specifications.
• Responsible for analyzing, evaluation, and establishing the plant and work-station layouts to insure the most efficient operating conditions.
• Develops and maintains work measurement analysis based on MYM, Most, Time Study, or Ease.
• Recommends and justifies most efficient use of existing production equipment.
• Provide new equipment justification based on labor and material savings.
• Responsible for the manufacturing process of new and existing products including: ergonomic assessment, productivity improvements, manufacturing ability, and cost improvements.
• Specify and recommend new equipment processes and tooling both during the engineering cycle and post design stages of implementation.
• Perform any assembly operation including material handling and machining operation in order to establish accurate costing standards and to train and instruct hourly associates.
• Experience with capital projects, managing multiple projects, understanding of BOM and routings along with ergonomic issues throughout the facility.
• Knowledge/experience with Kanban, Kaizen, pulls production, manual assembly, consumer product manufacturing, vendor relations preferred.
• Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering discipline.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and AutoCAD skill.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
• World-class manufacturer of products serving commercial and residential markets
• Industry leader with over 90 years of success
• Excellent about promoting within; great place to grow a career
• Opportunity to work cross-functional with multiple different areas of the company
• Excellent benefits and work environment