Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for Design Engineer to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on, detail-oriented Design Engineer within a premier employer in Metropolitan Nebraska. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, has experience in CADD and has a background in manufacturing.
As a Design Engineer, you will:
• Prepare complete and accurate working Solidworks/CAD models and drawings from concepts, rough or detailed sketches, or notes.
• Make final drawing, checking dimension of materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project on drawing.
• Provide technical support to sales and customer service and communicate with the customer as needed to review product designs and applications.
• Utilize your knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
• Prepare multiple versions of designs for review by engineers.
• Specify dimensions, materials and procedures for new products.
Who we are looking for:
• You have a knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures.
• You have excellent people skills and can communicate within a team.
• You have experience with CADD, specifically Solidworks.
• You have Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About our client:
Our client’s success goes back more than 100 years, with humble beginnings in Nebraska. Since then, it has grown into a global provider of energy and data transmission solutions. They pride themselves on community involvement and strive to support local organizations.
Why work for our client?
Our client attributes their success to their dedication to customer service. The culture of the company is defined by providing a safe, yet fast-paced work environment. Their strong belief in growth of both clients and employees, paired with attractive compensation and benefits has created an outstanding team environment.