Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Type : Fulltime
Our client is part of a diversified group of global manufacturing companies focused on specialized automotive products and services.
Located in Kearney, they offer a great career opportunity for Engineering professionals!
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER:
This role uses the newest technology to design and build mechanical devices, equipment, and tools that are used in the manufacturing and production processes of various assigned projects. Such projects include: improving operating performance through the development of new and revised production methods, new tooling, equipment selection, design and implementation. Will confer with Engineering & Plant operations personnel to resolve process problems. Additionally, manages the progress of approved tooling, and recommends and designs action necessary to improve or correct deficiencies of existing machines and processes.
1. Designs and performs CAD drawing functions to accomplish layout and detail drawings of fabricating machines, tools, dies, and other special adaptations and equipment. Also creates preventive maintenance and operating training procedures when necessary.
2. Utilizing general knowledge of machinery operation and material requirements analyzes and resolves machine and equipment problems.
3. Develops specifications for tooling and equipment.
4. Coordinates efforts with Engineering, Tool Room, Maintenance, and Operations personnel to reduce technical problems and maximize efficiency.
5. Prepares cost and time estimates on design specifications.
6. Must have proven experience in machine control electrical development for manufacturing equipment.
7. Manages progress of approved tooling and equipment.
8. Troubleshoots tooling and equipment.
9. Facilitates capability studies.
10. Provide technical assistance and guidance on product design.
11. Recommends and champions cost reduction ideas.
12. Works closely with product engineering personnel in reviewing and analyzing previously developed designs for the purpose of making improvements.
13. Develops and coordinates comprehensive proposals for assigned projects for the purpose of manufacturing improved products and reducing operating costs while maintaining a safe work environment.
14. Coordinates and expedites assigned engineering projects from inception to completion.
15. Is responsible for efficiently coordinating outside vendor contact on projects that require their involvement.
16. Assures that drawings meet document control requirements.
17. Responsible for keeping abreast of developments in the field through contacts with professional societies, educational centers, journals, periodicals, etc.
18. Is responsible for quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
7-10 years related manufacturing experience
Extensive knowledge in mechanical design, drawing, mathematics, shop practices, layout, etc.
Apply today for immediate consideration!