Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
We are currently evaluating Network Engineer candidates. This is a NEW position due to company growth!
The Network Engineer will visualize the flow of packets and use knowledge of protocols, systems, and components to improve the design and performance of a diverse, multi-vendor network. This position will assist in all aspects of the network lifecycle and health, and guide its evolution. Through planning, design, and implementation, establishes and maintains a foundation for network growth, improvement, adaptability, cost savings, and return on investment.
Ideal candidate will:
Be an outstanding communicator and have the ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
Have the ability to provide support to the systems and applications
Be able to recognize changes to the environment
Identify opportunities to improve and enhance network performance
Enjoy working as part of a team
• Contribute in the design, development and evolution of network infrastructure to support business requirements
• Design/develop store network systems, including branch environments with broadband connectivity, core infrastructure and wireless infrastructure
• Ensure systems comply with industry standards. (security, PCI, best practice)
• Maximize network performance by monitoring systems, identifying/isolating problems and collaborating with engineers and administrators on network optimization
• Facilitate vendor support and maintenance contracts
• Document/diagram network system
• Ability to understand configuration syntax from multiple network infrastructure vendors
• Proficient knowledge and understanding of network communications protocols and the OSI networking model including Ethernet, DSL, POTS, T1, TCP/IP, IPSec, PPP, 802.1x and routing protocols
• Familiarity with the operation and behavior of common application protocols, such as DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, TACACS, Syslog, HTTP, SSL, SSH/SCP, VoIP, SMB/CIFS, SMTP, and SNMP
• Familiarity with network troubleshooting tools and procedures, including ping/traceroute, debugging and system logs, packet capture and analysis, performance monitoring, and fault isolation
• Knowledge of Cisco, Aruba, Linux, VPN, Authentication, IPv6 a plus
• Degree in Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education/certification and experience in a LAN/WAN environment
Our client is a leader in its industry with over 450 locations in 40+ states! Headquarted in Central Nebraska for more than 60 years, and still growing strong!
Top 5 reasons to consider this client:
• They offer an entrepreneurial culture! Your ideas matter!
• Performance based compensation and competitive benefits. Outstanding performance is recognized and rewarded!
• This client believes in education and training. How amazing to have ongoing career development at your fingertips!
• Their footprint and steady growth offers excellent opportunities for advancement!
• Build on strong company values, goals and ethics you will be proud to call them your employer!
Apply today for immediate consideration!