Product Design Engineer
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Our client is part of a diversified group of global manufacturing companies focused on specialized automotive products and services.
Located in Kearney, they offer a great career opportunity for Engineering professionals!
This role will participate in the design and development of new products! Recommends action necessary to improve cost effectiveness and/or correct deficiencies of existing products. This is a supervisory role using sound knowledge of engineering theory, design and testing criteria. Will provide technical support and assistance as needed as well as training.
1 Responsible for specified product lines. This is to include maintenance and upgrade of the existing products, introduction/addition of new products and standardization and cost reduction of related products.
2. Directs the development and documentation of drafting and design standards for Liquid Engineering.
3. Initiates evaluations of design changes to correct product performance deficiencies as well as evaluations of materials for improved cost effectiveness.
4. Supervises investigative procedures having to do with customer complaints; advises service engineering on technical matters relative to customer complaints; advises quality assurance or specification engineer of quality or design deficiencies revealed during complaint analysis.
5. Assists sales and marketing with technical support for sales presentations, catalogs, and customer complaints/inquiries.
6. Continuously researches new materials, processes, and procedures to enhance and improve the product line.
7. Keeps abreast of developments in product related materials, designs and test procedures through contact with professional societies, educational institutions and review of technical papers, textbooks, periodicals, etc.
8. Assures that training sessions are conducted to keep departmental personnel informed of procedures, methods, use of equipment and testing techniques.
9. Prepares and submits operating budget and controls department to operate within approved budget.
10. Is responsible for maximum efficiency and productivity of direct reports. This is accomplished through proper selection, training, and development of subordinate personnel.
11. Is responsible for the proper application of established department employee relations, policies, wage and salary adjustments, administration policies, and safety and health regulations.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
10 years product design, development and testing experience
Extensive knowledge in industrial management and other applied engineering services desirable.
Apply today for immediate consideration!