Production Shift Supervisor – All Shifts Available
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Our client is a leading global medical technology company that develops, manufactures, and sells medical devices, instrument systems and reagents. The company is dedicated to improving people’s health throughout the world.
Located in Custer County, NE they offer a great career opportunity for an experienced Production Shift Supervisor!
WHAT YOU WOULD BE REQUIRED TO DO:
– Assists in the planning and scheduling of product manufacturing requirements
– Assures employee involvement is actively pursued, targeted at increasing capacities, improving quality, reducing waste levels and improving the working environment.
– Directs hourly personnel within the department.
– Monitors daily productivity and waste reports. Identifies problem areas deterring from the department meeting established budgeted costs of operation and reviews with the department supervisor appropriate corrective actions.
– Plans staffing needs for meeting production schedules.
– Interviews job applicants and assure all new hired employees are provided on-the-job training and that this training is documented.
– Assures pro-active measures are employed to provide a safe working environment and that safety is emphasized to all personnel.
– Assures company equipment and other company investments within the department are maintained properly.
– Maintains and reviews appropriate attendance and performance records on all employees taking preventative and corrective measures to control below standard behaviors and performance.
– Consults with management regarding special employee problems, needed policy changes, and labor relations climate.
– Informs all personnel within the department of changes of policy and appropriate management communications.
– Makes suggestions to management regarding standards, equipment modifications, and tooling for needed improvement within the department.
– Assists in coordinating necessary preventative maintenance work.
– Keeps abreast of machine developments or modifications that are applicable to the production operations and makes recommendations as appropriate for new equipment acquisitions.
– Assists in assuring all equipment maintenance and rebuilds are planned and completed during the annual shutdown period.
– Reviews pertinent information relative to the preparation of the annual budget for the department.
– Assists in the preparation of the annual budget process.
– Uphold and promote culture to support safety and environmental performance standards
Requires a 4-year degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or related field.
3 years of demonstrated scheduling/prioritizing experience
3 years of supervisory experience