Production Supervisor-Fabrication Department
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
NOW HIRING self motivated and experienced Supervisor with Metal Fabrication experience! The successful Production Supervisor will provide leadership on first shift to a team of up to 25 fabrication / production employees. This individual will lead the manufacturing process team in safety, continuous improvement and quality as well as reducing costs and improving productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervisor will provide direction and supervision of the Fabrication department by performing training, planning, assigning, directing and insuring integrity of work.
• Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
• Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
• Complete performance evaluations on time and routinely support feedback from production employees.
• Prepare and maintain production reports.
• Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility or equipment maintenance
• Focus on Lean Manufacturing and inventory control. Understand and be able to apply the concepts of lean manufacturing as it relates to our production environment. Use of visual controls, kaizen, standard work, etc. to improve safety, quality and productivity.
Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school) required.
4+ years of experience in Manufacturing, Production
2+ years of experience in metal or structural metal; welding experience a PLUS!
1+ years of experience in Lean, Continuous Improvement methodologies
Previous leadership/supervisor experience a MUST!
Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Ideal Candidate will have excellent communication and develop a culture of teaming, quality and safety!