Quality Assurance Manager
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
• Ensure to follow company Standard Operation Procedures related to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points in order to guarantee the production of safe and clean products.
• Oversee QA Supervisors and hourly QA technicians in all aspects of food safety and product quality for the slaughter area.
• Apply knowledge and familiarity with regulatory requirements; working closely with both production groups and FSIS.
• Make decisions and to guide and advise production when non-routine events occur.
• Manage the facility’s adherence to HACCP, SSOP, SOP
• Coordinate and supervise pre-operation sanitation. Examine and verify cleanliness and sanitation of equipment and facilities.
• Resolve problems and issues with food safety, product quality an employee issues as they arise.
• Communicate frequently with USDA regarding food safety, compliance to regulatory factors.
• Direct, motivate, and monitor quality assurance employees.
• Conduct interviews and evaluate performance of current employees.
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills and proven ability to develop and train a world class team.
• Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent. College experience preferred.
• Experience: Minimum 2-4 years background experience in numerous areas in a meat processing facility; meat inspection regulations preferred. HACCP/GMP’s/Food Safety Knowledge. Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred but not required. Must have good communication and interpersonal skill and maintain a good working relationship with plant management, plant employees, and USDA/FSIS. Computer and writing skills are important due to the technical nature of the position. General knowledge of plant operations is important.