Quality Engineer – LEAN / SS
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Premier Manufacturer in Central NE has an open position for a Quality Engineer.
This specific position requires responsibility for supervising 1-2 technicians and will be the go-to person for quality issues. A typical day would include monitoring the quality of the product going out the door and the supplies coming in before the manufacturing process begins along with the quality all the way through the manufacturing process. This individual will also be solely responsible for promoting Kaisen events. Short-term results would be maintaining their excellent quality in their product and practices, long term results would be to improve the processes of their manufacturing and equipment.
Our client is looking for is someone who wants a challenge, very cohesive and flexible, who isn`t afraid of stepping outside their comfort zone to complete tasks and someone who can work with the employees and management. This position is hands on!
• Company’s stability.
• Collaborative work environment.
• Challenging, yet rewarding.
• Promotions if interested in relocation.
• Health and Dental.
• 401K Match (50% of the first 6%).
• Profit Sharing.
• Company Paid Life and Disability.
• Education Assistance.
• Employee Purchase Program.
• Supports manufacturing plant with quality assurance support to ensure product is built in accordance with customer and company specifications while maintaining smooth production flow.
• Ensures that product quality is attained through fulfillment of workmanship standards and quality program requirements.
• Identifies and reports quality problems.
• Recommends and implements corrective action to quality problems.
• Reviews all related quality documentation and approves as appropriate to ensure product quality.
• Generates and implements defect-reduction activities.
• Ability to lead continuous improvement project.
• Ability to facilitate Kaizen events.
• Possess a Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (Black Belt preferred).
• ASQ Certified (Lean Manufacturing).
• Excellent written a verbal communication skills.
• BS Degree in Engineering or 10-15 years of quality engineering experience.