Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Our client is dedicated to helping farmers prosper, our client helps customers manage their risk and maximize production through grain marketing alternatives, crop insurance, agronomic advice and crop inputs. This industry leader is seeking progressive, value-added sales and consulting person that will provide grower services to specified markets.
The SALES AGRONOMIST will specialize in the sales of crop inputs products and services that include: crop nutrition products, crop protection products, seed, seed traits and seed treatments, and precision ag services. As a Sales Agronomist, you will have the opportunity to build long-term relationships with your customers, and work face to face with grain producers on the farm. Through your relationship with the producer, you will help to solve customer problems and create new opportunities.
• Fully understand and actively participate in the planning and execution of the Farm Service Group strategy, business plans, sales and marketing efforts – in particular, the process of defining and developing relationships with targeted customers and prospects.
• In partnership with Farm Marketers, the Sales Manager and other customer solution specialists, you will maintain contact with customers to understand their needs so that you can position our crop inputs products and services in an effort to help them grow a better more profitable crop.
• Learn about producers cropping needs through detailed needs assessments, time on the farm evaluating producer’s crops, and evaluation of yield and soil data.
• Constantly work to enhance sales skill, exhibit a strong customer-service focus and work to advance the technical understanding of crop inputs products and their benefits to the producer customer.
• Keep and use detailed records on the targeted customers to enhance the understanding of customers’ problems and needs.
• Communicate producer trends, marketing plans, crop conditions, wants / needs / concerns to the appropriate people within the Farm Service Group and product lines.
• 4 year degree within an Agriculture field preferred
• 2-5 years of sales experience within an agricultural environment
• Valid Driver’s License; willing to travel
• Strong Agronomy and Precision Agronomy knowledge
• Must have passion for agriculture and desire to assist in overall crop improvement with customers
• Ability to develop long term relationships with growers based on technical knowledge and trust
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience; capable to influence decision-making
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently
• Strong communication, listening, and interpersonal skills