Buyer – Sr Level – APICS
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Our client is part of a diversified group of global manufacturing companies focused on specialized automotive products and services.
Located in Kearney, Nebraska they offer a great career opportunity for career mined professionals!
Senior Buyer Position summary:
This position is responsible for sourcing materials, negotiating supplier terms, and managing supplier performance to ensure material availability to meet the Sales & Operations Plan. Responsible for maintaining supplier performance data and providing monthly reports to key suppliers and management to work on continuous improvement of the supply chain.
1. Interviews suppliers and investigates sources of supply consistent with lowest total cost and acceptable quality standards.
2. Negotiates with suppliers for the return and/or replacement of rejected materials.
3. Orders raw materials and filters as requested by Production & Inventory Control department.
4. Keeps Purchasing Manager informed of new materials and supplies, which may be applicable to operations. Also informs of conditions in suppliers’ plants, which might adversely affect the cost or availability of materials.
5. Becomes familiar with the material usage requirements for operations. Assures that suppliers are advised of pertinent information.
6. Becomes familiar with applicable federal and state regulations, federal priority regulations, and other rules affecting purchases. Properly applies such information in performance of job responsibilities.
7. Completes paperwork as required, including price change report.
8. Is responsible for quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
9. Forecast pricing on materials based on market trends; tracks commodity information.
10. Measures material pricing performance against market pricing.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration with courses in economics, marketing, and/or purchasing.
Minimum of 3 years purchasing experience.
Experience with ERP/MRP systems.
CPM certification from ISM or CPIM certification from APICS (recertification is preferred but not required).
CPSM certification, supervisory experience, project management experience, and SixSigma training.
Apply today for immediate consideration!