SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER – FILTRATION
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Responsible for the design and development of new products and their component parts within the focus of the product group based upon wide experience in the design of air or liquid filtration systems. Will conduct projects using 6 Sigma methodology and work on the most advanced and complex engineering projects. Projects will be managed from conception level through release for production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports the evaluation of customer specifications and converts them into new product ideas. Determines project feasibility based upon revenue and profitability.
2. Prepares the design of filtration system components, either liquid or air, to ensure products meet market needs and company expectations for ROI.
3. Designs, conducts simulations, prototypes, tests, validates design in to ensure overall effectiveness, cost, safety and performance, ensuring system meets and exceeds customer specifications.
4. Follows all phases of the company standard engineering projects, ensures company design methodology is followed.
5. Investigates potential design problems and identifies solutions, ensuring company products remain with the highest quality in the industry.
6. Works closely with Original Equipment Sales, customer, manufacturing and coordinates design for manufacturability, ensuring products meet and exceed quality and customer specifications.
7. Works with manufacturing, purchasing, and sales on selecting new materials and processes for new and existing items.
8. Directs maintenance of certain department technical data on component parts, customer blueprints, and specifications.
9. Responsible for meeting with customers and suppliers to discuss matters relating to new product and part specifications.
10. Provides assistance and training in the use of design related software.
11. Performs other related duties as required. Includes the following:
a) Reviews and analyzes competitor products as they are submitted.
b) Reviews account sales for those involving private brand packaging, unique components or materials.
c) Prepares reports on new product inquiries.
d) Provides support to Production & Quality Assurance in resolving problems.
11. Conduct 6 Sigma projects per established recipe/methodology.
a) Assists Project Sponsor in formulation of Project Charter.
b) Formulates/finalizes financial measure with Finance.
c) Outlines project plan.
d) Leads team through phases of DMAIC/DEMDI process.
e) Provides team members with Green Belt train during the course of the project.
f) Conducts reviews of project at appropriate times/phases with Senior Management.
12. Is responsible for quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology. (May consider 10+ years experience in filtration systems engineering.)
Technical Skills: Proficient with personal computing equipment and software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Mini Tab, 3-D modeling, computational fluid dynamics (CFD), & finite element analysis (FEA) and other applicable software. Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.