Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Adding new engineering positions to support business growth! The primary objective will be to support manufacturing by identifying areas of inefficiency (productivity, quality, safety) within the manufacturing areas, and using Six Sigma tools to make improvements while minimizing cost.
• Provide technical support for internal and external customers.
• Identify inefficient processes, through observation and through interaction with operators within the manufacturing areas, and implement improvements through utilization of tools like Six Sigma (i.e. variation reduction).
• Support and drive capital improvement projects including machine purchase recommendations, capital expenditure justification, installation, programming, etc.
• Leads, and participates on, cross-functional project teams (including flow line teams), assist with corrective actions and implement improvements, document associated cost savings.
• Test process changes and collect data. Use Minitab and other relevant software programs for statistical analysis of data. Utilize analysis to drive improvements.
• Utilize change management processes to be sure facility systems are updated with all project improvement changes; this includes updating all relevant process documents.
• Lead relevant safety initiatives to help drive toward a goal of zero-incident culture.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma concepts and tools as they relate to minimizing process / product variation i.e. regression analysis, design of experiments, hypothesis testing, etc.
• Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Gage R & R, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
• Able to work well with people, individually and in groups.
• Can demonstrate strong verbal, written, and technical communication skills.
• Capable to handle multiple tasks, is detail oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong math skills, SPC, Microsoft Office products, Minitab and AutoCAD.
• Six Sigma Green Belt or higher preferred.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or a related field.
• 2 years minimum engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.