Senior Project Engineer – Design
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Responsible for the design and development of new products and their component parts within the focus of the product group. Has special proficiency to work on the most advanced and complex engineering projects. Projects will be managed from conception level through release for production. At the sales department’s request, gives technical assistance and design efforts to OEM and private label accounts. Provides assistance and training to draftspersons.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Utilizes skill and knowledge in product applications and manufacturing operations in the design and development of products that are manufactured from the most effective and cost efficient materials.
2. Researches product application requirements and specifications.
3. Conveys information on new or updated products to the involved departments and personnel.
4. Works with manufacturing, purchasing, and sales on selecting new materials and processes for new and existing items.
5. Issues requests for parts and assembly detail drawings. May assist in completing drawings.
6. Approves quality assurance reports covering the initial production of parts and products.
7. Directs maintenance of certain department technical data on component parts, customer blueprints, and specifications.
8. Responsible for meeting with customers and suppliers to discuss matters relating to new product and part specifications.
9. Provides assistance and training in the use of CAD equipment.
10. Performs other related duties as required. Includes the following:
a) Reviews and analyzes competitor products as they are submitted.
b) Reviews account sales for those involving private brand packaging, unique components or materials.
c) Prepares reports on new product inquiries.
d) Provides support to Production & Quality Assurance in resolving problems.
12. Is responsible for quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology. (May consider 10+ years experience in engineering as education equivalent.)
Proficiency with personal computers, including CAD and other applicable software. Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.