Senior Project Engineer
Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, results-driven Project Manager with an expanding company in the Midlands, South Carolina Region! The ideal candidate will have senior-level experience in managing large-scale manufacturing projects, a background in high-volume, high-speed facilities, and have experience leading and inspiring a team.
As a Senior Project Engineer, you will:
• Be responsible for the on time and under budget execution of all assigned projects consistent with the plants goals relative to SQDC.
• Develop project implementation plans and manage the assigned plant resources through the progressive phases of project management including technical skills assessment, resource forecast, and coordination with functions to integrate requirements into a single seamless plan.
• Participates in the activities of multi-functional teams as the plant process technology member or leads the manufacturing project teams with the aim to deliver the goals integral to major Local or Division strategic objectives.
• Coordinates functional groups within the plant (s) to ensure that the specific requirements in regards to the regional manufacturing operation, local legislative, regulatory and cultural requirements are met through documentation such as equipment specifications, validations, Lean, PRP’s, FMEA, Six Sigma, PM schedules, spare parts, SAP, etc.
• Prepares cost estimates for the capital equipment, facilities, related expenses, and where appropriate, submits capital appropriation request for the projects and monitors the expenditure throughout the project cycle time.
• As the assigned project leader, acts as the single point of accountability to plant and engineering management for the on time / within budget delivery of the project as defined in the project charter.
• Provides leadership and key stakeholders with regular monthly updates identifying status to key milestones, critical issues, highlights, and assistance needed to keep the project on time and under budget.
Who we are looking for:
• You have strong knowledge of Project Management within a manufacturing setting; candidates must have experience with high speed, high cavitation automation.
• You have the ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or closely related technical discipline AND at least 10 years of industrial experience, with three years project/process engineering within a manufacturing plant. Preference will be given to candidates with project experience within a high-speed, high-cavitation facility.
Key attributes that are required to be successful in this position:
• Positive-minded and solution oriented disposition with strong analytical skills to navigate and lead around or over hurdles that often present themselves in large project management.
• Self-driven with minimal supervision and guidance to execute assignments in a professional manner consistent with a senior level position.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills with the drive to work interdepartmentally at all levels as well as with vendors and contractors as needed.
About our client:
A state of the art leader in the medical industry, our client has a world-wide footprint and over 50,000 employees across the globe.
Why work for our client?
Our client attributes their success to their dedication to customer service. Their strong belief in growth of both clients and employees, paired with attractive compensation and benefits has created an outstanding team environment.