Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, entering transactions and compiling financial statements on a monthly basis for clients in various industries, primarily the fast foods industry. Preparing income tax returns, processing payrolls, analyzing client data, and performing clerical tasks that might be necessary when providing services to small business clients.
CPA not required, but candidate must be willing to obtain within a year
Audit experience a plus
Must be task oriented and have the ability to meet deadlines. Must have a good understanding of accounting concepts ( practical & theoretical). Must be proficient and comfortable in working within an automated environment, type and use keyboard and ten key adding machines by touch with reasonable accuracy. Must be a quick learner, have a desire to expend your personal knowledge in the area of accounting, tax, etc. Must be willing to work extended hours, as needed, to meet client reporting deadlines.
Also, should have a pleasing personality and enjoy working with people.
* Compile financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from small business clients.
* Maintains and balances an automated system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
* Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
* Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
* Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
* Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
* Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
* Protects Firm and client values by keeping information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Accounting, SFAS Rules, Reporting Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, PC Proficiency, Productivity, Verbal Communication, General Math Skills