Staff Development Specialist
Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for a Staff Development Specialist to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, creative Staff Development Specialist with an expanding organization in the Midwest! The ideal candidate will have experience working with developmentally disabled individuals, have a detail-oriented mindset geared toward record keeping and have knowledge of employee training procedures.
As the Staff Development Specialist, you will:
• Coordinate all in-service and orientation training for staff. Work closely with supervisory staff in all training needs.
• Coordinate all orientation training for new staff, and assure that orientation training is completed within 60 days of employment.
• Schedule and organize all monthly in-service training for staff.
• Ensure that proper documentation of staff training is available in personnel files at all times.
• Evaluate current literature and staff development materials to ensure that the agency has access to the most up-to-date information.
Who we are looking for:
• You have excellent communication skills and the desire to support and maintain a team atmosphere within a diverse staff.
• You have the ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• You have minimum of a high school diploma; Preferred candidates will have at least three years of experience working with developmentally disabled individuals.
Key attributes that are required to be successful in this position:
• Self-starter; proactive with the ability to creatively solve problems.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
About our client:
Based out of eastern Nebraska for over 100 years, our client is a faith-based, service organization. The multi-location support agency provides education, housing and employment services, and treatment for both children and adults with disabilities.
Why work for our client?
Our client attributes their success to their dedication to customer service. Their strong belief in growth of both individuals and employees, paired with attractive compensation and benefits has created an outstanding team environment.