Technical Writer, Engineering
Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a knowledgeable, detail-oriented Technical Writer within a premier employer in Metropolitan Nebraska. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, has exceptional communication skills and has a background in technical manufacturing.
As a Technical Writer, you will:
• Be responsible for writing a wide variety of articles, instruction manuals, catalog/brochures, video scripts, and other supporting documents to communicate technical information.
• Understand complex information and communicate the information to individuals with diverse professional backgrounds.
• Work with simple graphics and our graphics people to use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts within documents to increase comprehension.
• Collaborate with market development managers, product development managers, sales personnel, and engineers on technical product details.
• Revise and edit documents as needed.
Who we are looking for:
• You have Technical knowledge. The journalist/technical writer must be able to understand and then explain highly technical information. A background in engineering would be preferred.
• You have excellent people skills and can communicate within a team.
• You have Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Technical Writing; and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About our client:
Our client’s success goes back more than 100 years, with humble beginnings in Nebraska. Since then, it has grown into a global provider of energy and data transmission solutions. They pride themselves on community involvement and strive to support local organizations.
Why work for our client?
Our client attributes their success to their dedication to customer service. The culture of the company is defined by providing a safe, yet fast-paced work environment. Their strong belief in growth of both clients and employees, paired with attractive compensation and benefits has created an outstanding team environment.