Audit Accountant – CPA
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Great opportunity for motivated, career-minded CPA to assist and mentor junior team members as well as other branch offices.
Our client offers a customer service driven and enthusiastic environment providing general financial management assistance to businesses. Ideal candidate will be confident to work directly with clients and to manage the audit process from beginning to end.
• Active CPA License with tenure in public accounting firm
• 3+ years auditing experience (governmental, schools, and non-profit experience preferred)
• Willingness to travel during audit season (approximately 30 overnight stays out of town/state)
• Knowledgeable in bookkeeping, taxes, government audits, and financial planning; experienced in budget oversight and financial management; able to ensure the accuracy of financial records, and competent to provide investment, expenditure, and revenue analysis
• Proficient in Excel and Word
• Flexible and ability to multi-task
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Works well under pressure and is able to meet deadlines
• To prepare detailed audit reports
• To review accounts of taxpayers and also conduct on-site audits
• Evaluate the finances of a taxpayer to determine tax liability
• To collect and analyze the data to find out if there is any fraud, violation of laws, regulations and management policies, duplication, etc.
• To inspect the account books of a company to analyze efficiency of the accounting procedures
• To report the management of the company regarding the audit results and suggest changes in financial activities and operations of the company
• Prepare financial statements for a wide range of companies
• Research various technical matters related to assigned projects
• Manage and meet expectations of clients and firm leaders
• Respond and proactively communicate with clients and internal team members