Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for a Controller to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on, detail oriented Controller with a premier employer in central Nebraska! The ideal candidate will have experience with general ledger accounts, statements, have a keen eye for details and has strong leadership skills to inspire a team.
As a Controller, you will:
• Direct and oversee all aspects of the accounting functions of the organization.
• Provide support and expertise in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives to identify their needs and seek the full range of business solutions.
• Assist and initiate processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting; ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
• Help establish operational budgets for each business unit based on projected revenues and expenses in accordance with the Company business plan.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
Who we are looking for:
• You have at least 5 years of experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in petroleum industry, property management, manufacturing and/ or construction industry
• You have strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
• You have an analytical mind and the ability to problem solve and “dig in” to resolve possible issues.
• You have Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA highly desirable.
About our client:
Our client is a leader in its industry and this position is open due to a promotion. Our client has a multi-state footprint and a long-standing reputation for excellence in Nebraska.
Why work for our client?
This is a great opportunity for the right person! You will have to chance to make an immediate difference – to develop personnel and practices; to enhance day-to-day operations and to learn from the best in the industry. Our client also offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and a great schedule. Additionally, they believe in promoting from within!