District Sales Manager
Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for a District Sales Manager to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a knowledgeable, detail-oriented District Sales Manager within a premier employer in the Houston Metro area. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, has a background in the manufacturing environment and has experience with sales, vendor relations and customer service. This position is a remote opportunity and will serve the Southern Texas region.
As a District Sales Manager, you will:
• Lead the company’s efforts to win, expand and maintain relationships with large, multi-national and multi-location customers
• Be responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned territory account objectives by prospecting, estimating, nurturing and closing deals.
• Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including engineering, support, service, and management resources.
• Proactively build and maintain an annual sales plan identifying industry prospects and plans to win profitable revenue. Build a sales process that details the ability to get in front of decision-makers, the ability to deliver quality proposals and quotes and the ability to close profitable deals.
• Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders. Overnight travel is required and could be up to 70% of time.
Who we are looking for:
• You have prior construction/engineering based sales.
• You are willing to travel up to 70% of time.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree (preferred) OR 2 years related experience or equivalent combination. Must have good understanding of technical sales.
Key attributes that are required to be successful in this position:
• Self-starter; proactive with the ability to creatively solve problems.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
About our client:
Our client’s success goes back more than 100 years, with humble beginnings in Nebraska. Since then, it has grown into a global provider of energy and data transmission solutions. They pride themselves on community involvement and strive to support local organizations.
Why work for our client?
Our client attributes their success to their dedication to customer service. The culture of the company is defined by providing a safe, yet fast-paced work environment. Their strong belief in growth of both clients and employees, paired with attractive compensation and benefits has created an outstanding team environment.