Engineering Business Unit Supervisor
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITY: ENGINEERING BUSINESS UNIT SUPERVISOR
Manages all Engineering aspects of the Special Products Business unit. Some or all of the functions responsible include the technical support, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and management of the Business Unit project portfolio. Additional responsibilities may include management of preventive maintenance system, software and compliance, factory work order and product engineering, as well as machine shop and tool room functions.
· Directing the technical support of the business unit to maintain and optimize equipment for maximum productivity.
· Managing the Project Engineering, and Electrical Engineering functions to achieve the overall project portfolio for process, capacity, and continuous improvement objectives.
· Directing the design, acquisition, and installation of new manufacturing processes and equipment to meet the business unit objectives.
· Providing oversight to the Plants overall Preventive Maintenance program.
· Managing the Engineering capital and expense budgets for the Business Unit.
· Ensuring the engineering functions align with the overall goals of the business unit.
· Managing the tool room activities to support the overall objectives of the Plant.
· Ensuring that all equipment, processes and facilities meet the requirements of designated government regulations, such as OSHA, GMP, FDA, EPA, etc.
· Developing a financial analysis as needed to achieve new manufacturing cost reductions and processes improvements.
· Coordinating communication between Division R&D, MPT, and Plant personnel on new products, product improvements and product problems.
· Supervising, training, and evaluating Engineering staff.
· Providing advice and counsel to management required in the organization’s objectives and management policies.
A B.S. Degree in Engineering or Project Management is required. The degree major may vary based on appropriate experience.
Position requires a minimum of 3-5 years production operations experience in the Engineering field. Project Management and a thorough knowledge of Engineering as it relates to manufacturing processes and related equipment is necessary. A thorough knowledge of Plant operations (Accounting, Purchasing, Quality Control, etc.), of Company policies and general management techniques is preferred.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Applicants must be able to legally work in the U.S.