Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Engineering Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the engineering department, and will coordinate and lead the activities for the operation and success of the engineering department.
Engineering Manager will utilize team participation while providing technical manufacturing engineering expertise to assure and maintain effective program launches.
Engineering Manager will establish: vision and direction, forecasts, reviews and budgets, manpower, resources and equipment needed to ensure product launches meet quality, cost, and scheduling demands.
Engineering Manager must be able to lead a creative and skilled team. Must prove ability to manage concurrent projects cost effectively while meeting quality standards. Projects must be completed and delivered to the market on time. The right candidate will be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities. Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentations skills are a must.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required. Masters Degree preferred
• 10 + years of management experience
• 3 years managing new product development and/or consumer product initiatives
• Design experience using SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD software
• Microsoft Office to include Excel and Project
• International experience preferred; international travel may be required
• Work experience with Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and Canadian Standards Association (CSA) is beneficial
• Managing of engineering department, supervising design/project engineering staff, and assisting with product design and new product development.
• Work with Sales and Marketing to define new products for domestic and international markets.
• Support Sales and Marketing department by developing concepts and schedules based on production and consumer needs.
• Coordinate design initiatives and launches with purchasing, manufacturing, and quality assurance departments.
• Develop schedule, cost and resources for projects.
• Prioritize deadlines for projects and manage accordingly to meet company goals.
• Promote continuous improvement methodologies.
• Support daily manufacturing functions.
• Provide technical leadership and support to customers.
• Communicate progress with Engineering Vice President and off-site Engineering counterparts.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States**