Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER
• World-class manufacturer of products serving commercial and residential markets.
• Industry leader with over 90 years of success
• Excellent about promoting within; great place to grow a career
• Opportunity to work cross-functional with multiple different areas of the company
• Excellent benefits and work environment
• Provide technical assistance to all manufacturing departments regarding the quality and/or performance of machinery, tooling, fixture, gauges, etc.
• Serve as liaison between production and engineering departments by developing engineering change notices and process specifications pertaining to manufacturing processes and material specifications.
• Responsible for analyzing, evaluation, and establishing the plant and work-station layouts to insure the most efficient operating conditions.
• Develops and maintains work measurement analysis based on MYM, Most, Time Study, or Ease.
• Recommends and justifies most efficient use of existing production equipment.
• Provide new equipment justification based on labor and material savings.
• Responsible for the manufacturing process of new and existing products including: ergonomic assessment, productivity improvements, manufacturing ability, and cost improvements.
• Specify and recommend new equipment processes and tooling both during the engineering cycle and post design stages of implementation.
• Perform any assembly operation including material handling and machining operation in order to establish accurate costing standards and to train and instruct hourly associates.
• Experience with capital projects, managing multiple projects, understanding of Bill of Materials and routings along with ergonomic issues throughout the facility.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and AutoCAD skill.
• Knowledge/experience with Kanban, Kaizen, pulls production, manual assembly, consumer product manufacturing, vendor relations preferred.
• Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering discipline.