Maintenance Technician – Manufacturing
Job Type : Fulltime/Hourly
Maintenance personnel is responsible for maintaining the equipment, environment, structures, and building utilities. Must be able to perform electrical, electronic and mechanical preventative maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting, reporting and installation of equipment as directed by the Maintenance Department Management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Primarily responsible for efficient and timely completion of preventive maintenance, routine and/or emergency repair on, at a minimum, the following equipment and systems:
> Electronic, computerized, automated equipment
> Press, ASRS, Inserters, cartloaders, all supporting equipment
> Building utilities systems – electrical, vacuum, compressed air, steam, water
> Marlok security door hardware and camera systems.
> Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
> Compressed air supply and vacuum pump systems
> Piping and plumbing systems
> Fire, life safety, and building management systems
> Building furniture systems
> Dock equipment – doors, dock plates
• Responsible for repairs to specific computerized automated equipment, including but not limited to, motor and motor control repairs, electrical equipment installation, equipment modifications and upgrades, and routine maintenance (example: PLC, electronic motor controls, Allen Bradley, encoders, Siemens, VB, processors, schematics, solder and soldering iron, etc.)
• Responsible for diagnosing problems, monitoring performance, and repairing equipment and building systems.
• Assist with the installation of new equipment.
• Accurately prepare and promptly submit reports as required.
• Follow all company safety, standard operating and lockout/tagout procedures.
• Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on company equipment as assigned.
• Complete work assignments in a timely and thorough manner.
• Complete required paper work and report history of what work was completed on a daily basis.
• Overtime, manning, emergency repairs call in and vacation coverage responsibilities as required.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Thorough electrical, electronic, mechanical, hand and power tool knowledge.
• Posses PM, Corrective, Predictive maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
• Safety training, knowledge of PPE, OSHA and OWH safety policies and SOPs
• Ability to follow all company-department safety polices and procedures. Report safety concerns or violations.
• Ability to safely operate scissor lifts, high reach lifts, fork lifts
• Must demonstrate good math comprehension, ability to read and comprehend technical drawings, manuals, and documentation
• Ability to work closely and get along with others.
• Possess good communication and common sense skills.
• Must be a self starter and able to set priorities without constant supervision.
• Ability to keep and report accurate maintenance records.
• Able to work well under pressure and use good judgment.
• Able to meet deadlines, control and contribute to quality.
• Willing to work day/night and weekend shifts.
• Able to follow directions Standard Operating Procedures and proven repair and maintenance procedures.
• Follow lunch and break time rules.
• Report to work on time and maintain a satisfactory attendance record.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Must work long hours when necessary.
• Must be able to lift 75 lbs, have no fear of heights, and able to work in confined spaces if needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED
• Trade School or technical diploma preferred
• 1-2 years of manufacturing/production maintenance experience preferred
• Combination of education and experience
Plant runs 2 shifts, 7 days per week. Position includes a rotational schedule with nights and weekends (approx 3 months/per year). Must be willing to work nights for this position.
Non-exempt position with strong starting salary range $45,000-50,000 DOE.
Please submit resume for immediate consideration. Thank you.