Manufacturing Maintenance Supervisor
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
The primary function of this position is to manage maintenance projects and resources to meet the safety, quality, and production requirements.
• Proactively implements, promotes and maintains a Zero Incident Safety Culture, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, and equipment maintenance and rule enforcement.
• Acts as a business partner by planning, initiating, leading, measuring and assessing continuous improvement and maintenance process improvements by applying appropriate processes, Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) and problem solving tools such Lean Systems and 5S.
• Promotes a quality culture by demonstrating customer focus and regularly communicating customer feedback to employees in order to facilitate collaborative problem solving, drive continuous quality improvement and ensure alignment/compliance with industry standards.
• Actively participates in setting, communicating and achieving department goals and objectives and develops and maintains performance metrics as required to monitor results and uses those results as a tool to identify and initiate process improvements within own work area. Coordinates and/or participates in continuous improvement teams in own or other areas to enhance plant results.
• Fully engages workforce and promotes personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, foster innovation and continuously learn and by providing ongoing feedback on employee performance with formal evaluation provided at least annually.
• Manages budget and works with Facility Maintenance Manager to prioritize resources and coordinate maintenance projects. This includes scheduling vacations, training, and overtime as well as shutdown activities.
• Partners with departmental Production Manager(s) to integrate maintenance planning and resources to support cost savings projects and other continuous improvement activities.
• Assigns design projects and tasks to appropriate personnel to support continuous improvement.
• Develops projects for inclusion in capital budgets in preparation for annual profit planning.
• Manages capital projects for new/rebuilt production equipment to support improvement in reactive maintenance and machine availability/capability. Evaluate new technologies for application in future equipment design.
• Supports stock room system with component repairs and additions to cover new projects. Orders and maintains supplies and materials to sustain both the department and manufacturing maintenance requirements.
• Promotes employee satisfaction and engagement and champions the continuous improvement of year-over-year results as measured by the employee satisfaction survey.
• Follow all environmental health and safety procedures and practices to assure a safe work environment. Ensures that all direct reports are trained in the applicable environmental, health and safety practices for their respective positions. Identifies and corrects unsafe conditions or practices to assure a safe work environment for all employees.
-Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
-Minimum 2 years in Supervisor/Leadership Position
-Minimum 2 years in Manufacturing
-Eligible to work in the United States on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
-Excellent Interpersonal and Written Communication Skills
-Willing to travel up to 10%
-Experience in managing department budgets
-Knowledge of 6-Sigma and other problem solving tools
-Read/Draw Blue Prints
-Computer Skills: AutoCad, Microsoft Office, and Oracle