Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for a Production Designer to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, detail-oriented Production Designer within a premier employer in East Central Nebraska. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, has a background in the manufacturing environment and has experience in production flow.
As a Production Designer, you will:
• Create 3D Parts/Assemblies using SolidWorks 2014 and PDM Vault.
• Create models that are generally based off existing designs/models, which have variations in theme.
• Create top level assembly drawings for customer approval and use; individual piece part drawings and torch/laser patterns.
• Manage the design of workflow to ensure manufacturing deadlines can be met (drawings available in timely manner).
• Work with Project Manager to ensure conformance with project requirements.
• Collaborate with the Production Design Group/Manufacturing to ensure conformance with fabrication techniques.
Who we are looking for:
• You have a creative, out of the box thought process.
• You have excellent people skills and can communicate with and inspire a team.
• You have strong knowledge of mechanical drafting; must worked with various 3D and 2DCAD systems for product design; SolidWorks highly preferred.
• You have a background/education with manufacturing methods including sheet metal bending and forming, welding, cutting. Must understand pneumatic circuits and mechanical design.
• You have an AA or BS in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, or Technology AND at least one year of experience in a manufacturing environment.
About our client:
Through more than 40 years of service, our client has successfully designed and developed innovative custom solutions for a variety of industries and unique applications.
Why work for our client?
Our client attributes their success to their dedication to quality across the board. They are firm believers in promoting from within, opening up advancement opportunities whenever possible. They strive to maintain a team comprised of diverse professionals with exceptional talent and drive, who are committed to providing our customers with the best services and products. Additionally, they offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.