Production Manager – Manufacturing
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
The primary function of this position is to: Manage production activities, resources and continuous improvement per established practices and/or policies within their operation area to ensure the timely delivery of quality parts that meet or exceed customer expectations. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a positive employee relationship environment.
Key responsibilities for this position include the following:
• Proactively implements, promotes and maintains a safe working environment, through diligence in hazard identification, accident prevention, root cause analysis, equipment maintenance, accountability and training.
• Drives the company’s vision and mission by reinforcing ethics, values and quality policies throughout the department of responsibility.
• Drives continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate company Business System processes and problem solving tools such as Company Zero Incident Culture, Continuous Improvement Framework and company Lean Six Sigma
• Sets, communicates, and achieves department goals and objectives. Develops and maintains performance metrics as required to drive improvements in the metrics and achieve profit plan targets.
• Fully engages workforce and promotes personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, foster continuous learning by providing ongoing feedback on employee performance with formal evaluations and regular one-on-one coaching.
• Develops product line budget and manages manufacturing expenses within budgetary parameters to meet flex productivity targets and to provide input to forecasts.
• Establishes product line capital goals and manages projects within budget.
• Develops profit plan and strategic plan details relating to production, manning strategy, support activities and cost out.
• Ensures standard work accountability and improvement in order to drive first pass yield and customer satisfaction.
• Establishes product line inventory levels and standard work to achieve sales, inventory, operations, and planning goals.
• Builds organizational capability to support a high performance culture.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in a manufacturing management role
• Must be eligible to work in the US on a continual and permanent basis without sponsorship.
• Advanced degree, i.e. MBA, preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate employees
• Experience in budgeting, capital equipment analysis, cost accounting, and project cost analysis
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Work, and PowerPoint
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing and 5S