PROJECT ENGINEER – NEW PRODUCT DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
Job Type :
Do you love Central Nebraska? GREAT OPPORTUNITY for professional with 5-10 years of hands-on experience.
– Responsible for the design and development of new products and their component parts within the focus of the product group.
– Has special proficiency to work on the most advanced and complex engineering projects.
– Projects will be managed from conception level through release for production.
– At the sales department’s request, gives technical assistance and design efforts to OEM and private label accounts.
– Provides assistance and training to new personnel when required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
– Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology and five or more years experience in engineering.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
– Proficiency with personal computers, including CAD and other applicable software.
– Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
– Utilizes skill and knowledge in product applications and manufacturing operations in the design and development of products that are manufactured from the most effective and cost efficient materials.
– Researches product application requirements and specifications.
– Conveys information on new or updated products to the involved departments and personnel.
– Works with manufacturing, purchasing, and sales on selecting new materials and processes for new and existing items.
– Issues requests for parts and assembly detail drawings. May assist in completing drawings.
– Approves quality assurance reports covering the initial production of parts and products.
– Directs maintenance of certain department technical data on component parts, customer blueprints, and specifications.
– Responsible for meeting with customers and suppliers to discuss matters relating to new product and part specifications.
– Provides assistance and training in the use of CAD equipment.
Performs other related duties as required. Includes the following:
– Reviews and analyzes competitor products as they are submitted.
– Reviews account sales for those involving private brand packaging, unique components or materials.
– Prepares reports on new product inquiries.
– Provides support to Production & Quality Assurance in resolving problems.
– Is responsible for quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
Great teaming and advancement opportunities for the right person! Apply today!