Project Engineer – Composites
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
The Composites Design and Project Engineers are primary responsibility is to design and document composite structures. Provides expert judgment and analysis for the design, development, and implementation of technical products and systems. Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research. Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Develop preliminary design and final schedules.
* Develop material database and all certification documentation relating to composite structures.
* Develop products and processes utilizing best practices and project management methodologies.
* Develop and champion design engineering procedures, tools, and techniques.
* Participate in design engineering reviews of project tasks.
* Ensure informed decisions are made concerning technical content of projects.
* Remain up-to-date on best practices and recommend new approaches/tools.
* Interface with customers to determine and validate requirements.
* Develop quotations for development, prototyping, tooling, and production.
* Take ownership of product development from conception through production.
* Provide requisite technical expertise.
* Actively seek update knowledge of the engineering profession, the industry, and application of new technologies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors degree from accredited engineering program.
* Degree with emphasis in composite structures (willing to consider in lieu of experience).
* 3-5 years of Design Engineer, Project Engineer, and/or Aerospace / Aviation industry experience.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail
* In depth understanding of full life cycle product development including preliminary design, prototype development, analysis, testing and various manufacturing processes.
* Proficient in the use of SolidWorks and solid understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing requirements.
* Proficient in the application of ANSI Drawing Standards.
* Awareness of quality policies and location of quality manuals.
* ITAR (International Traffic & Arms Regulations) knowledge
Candidate must be authorized to legally live and work in the US on a permanent bases.