Project Foreman – Home Weekends
Job Type : Fulltime/Hourly
This position is a lead man position responsible for managing daily job site activities. This foreman is expected to make project decisions, manage and motivate personnel effectively, efficiently, and safely. This position requires a hands-on, lead by example manager with strong communication skills.
• Review each daily work order with the field manager for details in order to plan the daily workload.
• Ensure the truck is loaded with the necessary materials, tools, equipment and personnel to complete the daily tasks.
• Delegate and manage the daily workload and personnel.
• Review the project with the customer to ensure the scope of work is correct and communications are clear.
• Ensure project progression is in accordance with the time allotment documented on work orders.
• Provide communication with field manager of daily workload.
• Responsible for the appearance, inventory and organization of trucks assigned to you and your crew.
• Responsible for your crew’s performance evaluation within company guidelines and conflict resolution with the field manager.
• Ensure daily time records and workloads are clearly and accurately documented on work orders.
• Responsible to make accurate and thought-out decisions throughout the project as issues arise.
• Responsible to motivate, provide training techniques and mentor your field personnel.
• PUNCTUALITY — must have the ability to arrive to work on time! (Day starts at 7am and extended hours may be required based on demand.)
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record (must be insurable)
• Efficient operation of all man-lift and forklift equipment.
• Welding skills in M.I.G. & stick welding processes.
• Mechanical and fabrication knowledge/background.
• Knowledge of equipment rigging and capacities.
• Skills in fabrication, layout and design.
• Personnel and daily project management skills.
• Communication and documentation skills.
• Positive attitude to motivate and teach fellow employees.
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
• Ability to continually lift up to 100lbs.
• Frequently work at heights
• Ability to travel (within Nebraska and South Dakota) and be on the project site Monday-Friday. You will be home on the weekends.
• CDL License preferred but not required.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in industrial maintenance, welding and fabrication and job site experience.
• Knowledge of machinery and equipment moving with hoists, dollies, skates and truck.
• High School Diploma, or G.E.D. highly preferred.
• Competitive wage and Benefits allowance. Vehicle provided from office to jobsite(s). Lodging provided.