Safety & Training Supervisor
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Our client is a leading medical technology company that serves multiple industries. A Fortune 500 company with steady growth spanning more than 200 years, continually striving to be recognized as a great place to work! Employees are rewarded for their efforts, offered a balance between work and life, and will be supplied with a variety of initiatives and programs to grow and develop careers.
We are excited to partner with them, and are currently evaluating candidates for Safety & Training Supervisor opportunity!
SAFETY & TRAINING SUPERVISOR
Will be responsible for the design, implementation, and management of all safety and training initiatives for the facility in accordance with all local, state, and federal requirements to ensure regulatory compliance. This includes the development and management of all policies, procedures, and activities related to safety and training, as well as establishing facility safety and training performance standards, measurement, and evaluation of compliance to standards. This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager, and Supervises a Safety & Training Support Team.
Essential job functions:
1. Develops and manages safety and training programs to support the operational objectives of the facility and meet the needs of both internal and external customers.
2. Monitors performance/impact of the plant safety and training programs. Establishes, maintains, and communicates safety and training metrics to evaluate current programs and analyze opportunities for improvement.
3. Compiles and distributes safety related information to be used as tools for the reduction and/or elimination of workplace accidents. Works directly with supervisors and the hourly workforce to identify hazards and eliminate unsafe conditions. Serves as the catalyst for improving the plant’s overall safety performance.
4. Gathers and compiles technical, procedural, and process-related information into training materials utilizing adult leaning methodology to facilitate knowledge transfer with new and newly assigned associates.
5. Creates audit processes intended to measure the transfer of knowledge and key learnings into the workplace.
6. Manages and resolves identified safety audit findings.
7. Identifies and assists with the removal of barriers that prevent associates from performing their jobs in the most safe and efficient manner possible.
8. Works closely with the line Set Ups, Production Mechanical Techs, Facilitators/Supervisors, and Department Managers to ensure safety and training needs are being met across all shifts. Furthermore, interacts with supervision, engineers, and technicians, as new and/or re-tooled equipment is being considered and/or installed.
9. Performs safety validations of all new and/or modified equipment and/or processes. Evaluates and identifies areas of improvement from a safety and health perspective to ensure associate safety.
10. Provides guidance and leadership of the plant safety teams and/or safety project teams. Oversees and mentors safety and health activities across the site.
11. Provides leadership for the administration of the learning management system. Coordinates additional safety and training related programs as needed and identified.
12. Identifies and manages personal protective equipment needs for the site, including vendor selection, evaluation of the effectiveness and functionality, purchase, and budgeting.
13. Supplies various reports as requested by individual departments or as needed by external sources, in addition to providing analysis of safety and training goals and trends for facility. Completes site reporting consistent with OSHA and corporate requirements.
14. Oversees the coordination of new associate orientation and manages relevant learning plans across the site.
15. Serves as the facility liaison all safety and training related issues.
Safety & Training Coordinator
1. Ensure new employees review and understand their Job Safety Analysis.
2. Review on-the-job safety with employees.
3. Assist in updating Job Safety Analysis when a job process changes.
4. Work with the Employee Safety Committee to schedule department safety audits, review and respond to audit issues.
5. Participate in Plant Safety meetings.
6. Establish and report on annual safety goals as set out in Standards of Performance. Goals to be specific, measurable, track-able, and include as many parameters as possible.
7. Provide and maintain a safe and healthful place to work.
8. Provide and maintain a safe process to follow.
Other responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
1. Complies with, and responsible for enforcing, all local, state, federal and company safety regulations, policies/procedures.
2. Complies with all quality policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of sound Quality Assurance principles. Ensures compliance through appropriate communication, training, and education of sound Quality Assurance principles.
3. Observes all safety, environmental and quality system standards.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering; Chemical Engineering; Safety Management; Industrial Hygiene; Occupational Health and Safety; Environmental, Health, and Safety or a related field.
2. Minimum 5 years of experience in the areas of safety and/or training, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Experience with OSHA, safety, legal, and regulatory compliance preferred. Ability to balance multiple priorities. Previous involvement in a team-based environment a plus. Prior supervisory experience highly desirable.