SENIOR MACHINE DESIGNER – MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Ideal candidate will design a broad range of machines, and special equipment. Confers with Engineering & Plant operations personnel to resolve process problems. Is responsible for cost and time estimates of design specifications. Selects and orders components. Manages the progress of approved tooling, ensuring all objectives are met. Uses vast knowledge of machine and design criteria to participate in the designing and development of new tooling and manufacturing processes. Recommends and designs action necessary to improve or correct deficiencies of existing machines and processes. Understand the electrical and PLC machine requirements.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Designs and performs mechanical drawing functions to accomplish layout and detail drawings of fabricating machines, tools, dies, and other special adaptations and equipment.
2. Utilizing general knowledge of machinery operation and material requirements, analyzes and resolves machine and equipment problems.
3. Develops specifications for tooling and equipment.
4. Coordinates efforts with Engineering, Tool Room, Maintenance, Operations personnel to reduce technical problems and maximize efficiency.
5. Prepares cost and time estimates on design specifications.
6. Selects and orders die and machine components.
7. Manages progress of approved tooling and equipment.
8. Troubleshoots tooling and equipment. Facilitates capability studies.
9. Assists in developing personnel in machine design and the operation of production equipment.
10. Stays current on developments in tooling and machine design. Meets with suppliers and studies available literature for new applications.
11. Travels as required to support the machine tooling objectives.
12. May be called upon to provide technical assistance and guidance on product design.
13. Creates preventive maintenance schedule and identifies required spare parts.
14. Assures that designs meet document control requirements.
15. Keeps work area neat, clean, organized, and under control.
16. Is responsible for quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
17. Mentors less experienced machine / tool designers, maintenance, tool makers and Product design personnel.
18. Recommends and champions cost reduction ideas.
Required: Mechanical Engineer degree with at least 8 years of machine building experience.
Qualifications: Extensive knowledge in mechanical and electrical design, drawing, mathematics, shop practices, layout, etc.
Utilizes personal computers, CAD software, and precision measuring equipment.