Network Engineer – Senior
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Systems engineering activities in all phases which include: Analysis, discovery, design, build, test and deployment of networking infrastructure components. Performs advanced technical support of computer network systems and other operating systems. Also performs project management in systems upgrades and installations.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for project-level analysis, design, configuration and documentation of the Computer Network system, as well as related hardware and software systems. This includes physical cabling plan, network components selection, file server configuration, company-wide naming and directory conventions, e-mail, department specific applications, inter-department applications, and productivity applications used to streamline and increase efficiency of daily operations.
2. Plans and implements systems integration projects including, but not limited to, the design, execution, and maintenance of a corporate Wide-Area-Network (WAN), to provide communication and timely information distribution among geographically disbursed departments of the Company.
3. Responsible for integrity and reliability of data on computer network systems and PC`s.
4. Furnishes technical assistance with computer systems network hardware, operating systems, and application systems to department technical personnel as required.
5. Maintains user systems accessibility.
6. Ensures data communication reliability between systems and facilities.
7. Helps maintain a secure environment for all computer equipment, software systems, data files, and supplies.
8. Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to the administration of Company network systems and infrastructure.
9. Support the Company`s disaster recovery plans and procedures as directed.
10. Is responsible for quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor`s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
8+ years related experience supporting a Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing or Distribution environment
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification preferred
Network infrastructure (Cisco) design and support experience with related CCNA or more preferably a CCNP/CCIE certification
Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience
Experience with international company IT networks
Extensive Project Management experience