Senior Project Engineer – Machine Tools
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Manages a product development group in designing new and refurbished industrial machine tools, in assuring customer quality specifications of finished equipment, and in providing technical support for manufacturing operations, sales, customer service, and other functions of the company.
– Supervises mechanical, electrical, and controls software designers and technicians.
– Participates in project design reviews and cost estimates.
– Determines acceptable parts to reuse in projects, and/or specifies new materials and components to be fabricated or purchased.
– Creates engineering drawings for production, and reviews and approves designs created by subordinates.
– Produces documentation for customers such as engineering drawings, parts lists, and schematics.
– Provides technical support to product line production personnel .
– Assumes the quality assurance role of ensuring that finished products comply with customer requirements.
– Provides customer technical service and support, occasionally traveling to customer sites.
– Designs and maintains product development processes and procedures.
Education and Experience
BS degree in Engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program
Over 10 years related work experience
SolidWorks and AutoCAD systems proficiency