Job Type : Fulltime/Hourly
Our Client is one of the largest equipment rental companies in the U.S. They serve the needs of a wide variety of customers – from commercial, residential, municipal and specialized service industries, to weekend do-it-yourselfers. With a large network of locations nationwide, they deliver the equipment you need and provide a superior level of customer service.
We are seeking a skilled Shop Mechanic to join our maintenance team. As a Shop Mechanic, you will need to troubleshoot equipment problems, including mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components. If you are safety-conscious with a strong working knowledge of individual equipment design and safety requirements, this could be the position for you!
Primary responsibilities include:
• Diagnose, service and oversee minor and major repairs of various construction equipment. May require dismantling and reassembling or rebuilding equipment. Some fabrication of parts and equipment may be required.
• Serve as liaison between customer and location manager to communicate concerns, needs, and recommendations.
• Conduct preventative maintenance on schedule. Pre-act to needs in order to avoid unnecessary repairs and/or down-time in the field.
• Inspect all equipment to ensure functional and operational safety is in compliance with company, OSHA, and other regulatory/compliance.
• Maintain shop safety and cleanliness at all times.
• 3+ years of experience with similar equipment required; some trade school preferred
• Ability to effectively and safely use mechanic’s tools and equipment to diagnose and trouble shoot complex equipment problems; work with personal and professional integrity
• Ability to communicate equipment issues and understand job assignments; input work orders
• Ability to prioritize work assignments, and practice flexibility regarding work assignments
• Practice a safety culture, and promote safety practices at all times
• Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment (shop and field); must be willing to work in extreme conditions including heavy rain, wind or excessive temperatures
• Must be willing to work nights and/or weekends (on call) as required
We are proud to offer the following benefits:
• Health Insurance
• Dental/Vision coverage
• 401(k) plan
• Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• And much more