Principal Tooling Engineer
Job Type : Fulltime/Salary
Now Hiring: Principal Tooling Engineer.
Provide technical support in the design and reliability of high cavitation molding tools, processes and molding equipment for the manufacturing of Class II medical devices. This position requires maintaining a high level of molding and tooling proficiency. Will be responsible to develop and improve plant molding and tooling processes through direction and supervision of design, construction, and maintenance improvements. Great opportunity to offer leadership and vision related to implementing next generation world class molding technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or related).
• 10 years minimum experience in injection molding, tooling, mold design and mold construction within a production and/or maintenance supervisory position.
• Mold design, mold making, injection molding, and tool making involving high cavitation molds required.
• Working knowledge of computer aided drafting (CAD) and ability to read/produce mechanical drawings.
• Working knowledge of material properties, mechanical systems design and machining processes is required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Skills to include technical communication (both oral and written) to accurately convey technical issues and information.
• Must be a team leader and have the ability to develop the talents of the engineering subordinates.
Additional knowledge: Project Management, Process Improvement (Six Sigma), Statistical Analysis, Capital Tooling Decisions, Capital Expenditures, Statistical Software and Quality Tools (ie: PFMEA), Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA), Safety, Environmental and ISO (13485 Standards), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
Typical Position Duties
• Technical tooling support for the development of new products in conjunction with R & D.
• Coordinate Mold and Tooling Projects to meet Corporate Tooling requirements, capital and expense budgets and timelines.
• Technically support and advise the most economical repairs of existing tooling.
• Assist Engineering in conducting various studies and root cause analysis to determine the resolution to undesirable variations in mold and molding machine processes.
• Assist other Plant Engineers on project development and implementation related to molds and molding processes.
• Provide support to the Engineering resources in the mold Validation process.
This is a great opportunity with an industry leader!